Author: Scott Stone
We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL 8.8. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website or the Monyog Website.
Rebranded from the popular Monyog product for monitoring performance of MySQL and other MySQL compatible databases, SDM for MySQL is a comprehensive solution to monitor, alert, and diagnose the availability, health, and performance of MySQL, or MariaDB in physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL addresses the most critical performance management needs of DBAs.
- Monitor in real-time to take corrective action and resolve significant issues even before they affect end users
- Track and compare all changes to the MySQL or MariaDB configuration file to identify the reason for performance issues
- Monitor, alert to, and kill locked and long-running SQL queries in real-time to reduce system and database load
- Monitor Amazon RDS for MySQL, MariaDB, or Amazon Aurora including operating systems and file-based logs
- Find top 10 SQL queries across MySQL or MariaDB servers based on total execution time
With this release, we aim to strengthen the ability of SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL to monitor databases in the cloud and on-premises with a single tool.
What’s New in SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL 8.8?
Our latest release of SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL 8.8 extends monitoring capabilities to its existing support for Google Cloud SQL for MySQL.
- Monitor Google Cloud SQL server operating system metrics
- Monitor Google Cloud SQL server file-based log for General Query, Slow Query, and Error Log files
Questions or comments? Please let us know in the SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL forum.